If the reception venue has a wedding coordinator, do I still need to hire a wedding planner?
If your venue offers the services of an in-house coordinator for your day and you are trying to decide if you need an outside wedding planner, there is a difference between the two. Listed below are some of the things that a wedding planner can help with that a venue in-house coordinator cannot help with:
- Attending vendor meetings with you and asking the right questions
- Reviewing all your vendor contracts for errors or potential problems
- Helping you combine all the ideas that you have to create the wedding of your dreams
- Creating extensive time lines for you
- Staying in touch with your vendors and making final confirmations
- Having back-up reputable vendors to contact in case of a problem
- Assisting you with invitations and stationary etiquette
- Providing you with custom planning resources
- And more…
There are many venue in-house coordinators who do a great job managing the venue. However, it is not their job to assist you with all the details that go along with planning your wedding. If in doubt, just ask the in-house coordinator what services they will be providing for you.